“The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers.”
When I started Way Off Script back in January, I really didn’t have a goal with where I wanted to go with a blog. I just knew that I love to write, but am no writer. Perhaps I spend too much time alone with toddlers and dogs, and needed an outlet.
I’ve been following some pretty amazing bloggers and have watched each of them grow from a small handmade site to thriving money-making resources for millions. I would certainly love to build a blog with enough quality content and sources that will one day be profitable. But in a world that is already saturated, I am perfectly happy continuing to write from my heart and be my genuine self.
Sometimes I can be very passionate about a topic and go off the deep end throwing around opinions and the odd curse word. I can be overly emotional and need to tell my internet besties all my boo-hoos. More often than not, I find something hilarious that I just have to share.
So when friends and family members find my blog amusing and say encouraging words, it makes me really happy. When a fellow blogger nominates me for One Love Blog award….you guys, that gave me the warm fuzzies all over! This world we live in is powered by competition and the need to be the best often causes more pain than good. When strangers, who have absolutely no reason to be kind, take the time to give you a pat on the back or a note of appreciation, it is so refreshing and appreciated.
I wish we didn’t live in a world where praise and adoration is so rare that we celebrate it like a holiday. But every once in a while you stumble upon a group of warm-hearted people who have no ulterior motives. Sharing their love and support is authentic and real. And it is awesome! So thank you Whitney at We Are Only Hsuman for the blog love. So sweet!
As part of my nomination, I have two tasks;
A) Share seven fun facts about myself
- I love to plan ANYTHING and can be a little…or a lot…neurotic about details.
- I have an obsession with tumbler cups. I think I have 20. And they all get used.
- I can not sleep with any lights on. Even my smoke detector in the hallway has electrical tape over the light. Drives me crazy.
- I don’t have a hometown. I have a birthplace, but I have moved across the country so many times, that I have no roots. When people ask where I’m from, I say Canada.
- Before I eat, I pre-cut my food into an even number of bites. I don’t have a numbers problem. I just like things to make sense. My dad makes fun of me for this.
- My brother is 18 months older than me, but he tells people we are twins. We have basically morphed into the same person with the same lame jokes. Its sad. And HILARIOUS!
- I love love love cheesy jokes. I should really start a blog about them.
and B) to show some love and nominate up to fifteen of my favorite blogs, making sure to post your nomination on their blog for all to see. This is hard! I am a newbie in the blogging arena and have been slowly growing my list of fabulous blogs. It would be simple to list the first fifteen that I can find, but I wouldn’t want to recommend blogs that I don’t truly love myself. So here are a few that I have really enjoyed following recently:
- The AmeriBrit Mom
- From North to South
- JJ’s Ways
- Faint Not Mom
- I’m Totally Faking It
- Tales Of A Travel Addict
With a wide array of writing styles and passion, these peeps are just a handful among a great group of blogs out there. I challenge you to take a few moments and check out each page. Share a few words of encouragement! Lets keep this ball of love and hugs rolling!